Christmas for my family and I is usually a quiet time with few celebrations out and about but that doesn’t stop us from having fun and ‘party food’ when we watch movies, play games or just spend the nights together. I usually like to try new recipes but there are also the recipes that everyone wants year after year and cheese bread is one of them. This year I decided to take things to another level and add the unexpected to my usual holiday recipes by adding Mezzetta Marinated Sweet Yellow & Red Roasted Peppers and Roasted Bell Pepper Strips & Caramelized Onions to my standard recipe. The end result was a sweet, tasty, rich and cheesy bread that was gone within minutes (no leftovers ~ sigh).
Sweet Roasted Pepper & Caramelized Onion Cheese Bread
1 Jar Mezzetta Marinated Sweet Yellow & Red Roasted Peppers
1 Jar Mezzetta Roasted Bell Pepper Strips & Caramelized Onions
I loaf of Italian Bread (fresh/not sliced)
1 stick of butter at room temperature
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1-12 ounce package of shredded Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Mix butter and mayonnaise together until smooth.
3. This is just to taste ~ no measuring required ~ scoop out as much of the Mezzetta peppers from each jar as desired mix together and coarsely chop.
I didn’t drain these as the marinade adds a smooth flavor to the cheese bread.
4. Add the chopped Mezzetta peppers and onions and cheese to the butter/mayo spread and mix just until blended.
5. Cut the Italian bread in half lengthwise.
6. Slather the bread halves with your spread.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Slice and serve.
I also bought a jar of Mezzetta Golden Greek Peperoncini to add to our feta cheese pizza. I’ll post that recipe for you so you have another option for holiday entertaining.
My family and I liked the flavors so much I’ll be adding the Roasted Bell Pepper Strips & Caramelized Onions to our Christmas week lasagna. What are your favorite holiday recipes that bring back memories?