Here we are halfway through Slow Cooker Week here at Home with Cupcakes and Crinoline and today, I’m sharing Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Apricot, Date and Herb Stuffing. It’s moist, delicious and so easy to make!Also, check out the end of the post where you’ll find links to so many more recipes, all part of the Slow Cooker Challenge!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Stuffing
I’ve made lots of recipes in the Slow Cooker but this is the first time I’ve ever made a Turkey and Stuffing in one and boy was I happily surprised. The result was a moist and delicious turkey that I didn’t have to tend to all day – just set it and forget it.
This turkey breast specifically said “Slow Cooker Friendly” so it was exactly what I was looking for! I also like that it had no hormones or steroids added – I don’t think I ever noticed this before on a turkey label but that’s probably because I rarely make a whole turkey but with this easy recipe, now I will…that makes my family happy!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with an Apricot, Date and Herb Stuffing. Moist and delicious!
15 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 3-pound or larger frozen skin-on turkey breast
- 1 8-ounce package herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh onion
- 1/2 cup dried dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Salt and pepper if desired (approximately 1/4 teaspoon of each)
- 1 package turkey gravy mix
- Thaw turkey breast in refrigerator and prepare according to directions on package.
- Place stuffing mix in lightly greased slow cooker.
- Add chopped celery, onion, dates, and apricots to slow cooker.
- Combine broth and melted butter.
- Pour over stuffing and stir gently.
- Rinse and pat dry turkey and dab dry with paper towels. Place turkey, breast side up, over dressing.
- Rub softened butter over turkey breast and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 hours until meat thermometer inserted into breast registers 165 degrees.
- Remove turkey breast from slow cooker and cover with aluminum foil while you prepare the gravy mix.
- Carve turkey and serve with stuffing and gravy.
*Note: to print a copy of the recipe without photos choose the print-friendly option at the bottom of the post.
Now, for all of the other wonderful Slow Cooker Recipes in this month’s Challenge.
More Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes from Home with Cupcakes and Crinoline