It’s Slow Cooker Week here at Home with Cupcakes and Crinoline and all week long I’ll be sharing a different Slow Cooker Recipe each day and as an added bonus, check out Wednesday’s post where I’ll be part of a Slow Cooker Blog Hop where there will be even MORE Slow Cooker Recipes.
Steak Soup with Noodles Made in the Slow Cooker
When the days start getting shorter and cooler I turn to soups for a lot of our meals. They’re easy to prepare and when you use the slow cooker you can get it ready in the morning and then get busy for the day without having to think about dinner again until it’s time to eat!The prep for this recipe is easy, there aren’t many ingredients and it’s a hearty and delicious meal – that makes it a plus in my book!
Yields 8 Generous Servings
Heart and Delicious Slow Cooker Steak Soup
30 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 30 Total Time
- 3 pounds sirloin tip roast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 16 ounce package uncooked wide egg noodles
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a zip-top freezer bag.
- Add beef cubes and shake to coat.
- Sautee beef in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Cook until browned then place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix beef broth, ketchup and onions in a bowl.
- Pour above mixture over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours until beef is tender.
- Add noodles to slow cooker and cook an additional 20 to 30 minutes until noodles are tender.
More Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes from Home with Cupcakes and Crinoline