“I was sponsored to write this post on behalf of Weight Watchers” All opinions are mine alone. #SmarterTreats #CollectiveBias
With the holidays quickly approaching I want to lighten things up for my family and I when it comes to meal time. My boys including my husband all like to eat and making sure they enjoy meals and leave the table without being hungry is important to me. When I make good old-fashioned cheeseburgers and dessert they are happy as clams and that’s one of the easiest meals to twist and lighten up – just let me show you how!
Last week I was doing my normal shopping at Walmart when inspiration struck and I found everything I wanted to make a complete meal that not only the family would love but that I will be serving over the holidays – yes, I love to make ooey gooey decadent treats when guests come over but I have found in the last few years that guests actually prefer lighter fare so this will be top on my list to serve at parties and get togethers.
I picked up some Sandwich Thins in the bread aisle and Weight Watchers® desserts in the boxed treat aisle and then proceeded to add everything else to the cart as I went along and if you’re curious about some of the awesome flavors and options available from Weight Watchers there will be demos with free samples this Thursday, the 29th, through Sunday, November 1st. You can check out this handy schedule to check if there are any in your area.
All-American Burger with Avocado Spread
How-to Cook a Veggie Burger
8 Points Total if on the Weight Watchers® Plan
One Package of Frozen Soy Protein Burgers (3 points each)
Avocado Sandwich Spread (1 point per 2 tablespoons-see recipe below)
Sandwich Thins – Healthy Multi-Grain Rolls (3 points each)
Melted Cheese Snacks (1 point – see recipe below)
- Pan fry the soy protein burgers 8 to 10 minutes flipping occasionally.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the avocado sandwich spread on one side of the Sandwich Thins.
- Top with soy burger, tomatoes and cheesy crisps.
Avocado Sandwich Spread
1 point per 2 tablespoons
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Peel, pit and mash the avocado.
- Mix in the lemon juice and garlic powder.
2 points per Stick
Weight Watchers Colby Jack Cheese Sticks
- Cut each stick into 6 pieces.
- Place on microwave safe plate.
- Place in microwave and cook for 30 seconds adding 20 seconds until the cheese is fully melted.
- Allow to cool and remove with spatula. Place on burgers OR eat like chips – these are absolutely delicious as a snack.
Serve To finish off the meal add some delicious Weight Watchers Salted Caramel Brownie Bliss and Red Velvet Creme Cakes – 2 points each and they are amazing! My husband and my two older sons loved them – I had to hide the boxes so there’d be some left for me….I stash snacks, do you?