- 1 loaf of fresh Brioche or Challah cut into cubes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Grease the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Arrange bread slices in an even layer on the bottom of your baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in brown sugar and pour over bread.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter slices on the top of the casserole.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown.