This salad is perfect for family dinners and entertaining. You can take it with you on picnics or to get togethers and....it has bacon so in my book that pretty much means it's perfect!
Summer cooking can be a little tricky ~ yes, you can grill (yum) but side dishes are a separate issue.
In the winter months I make lots of potatoes ~ mashed, scalloped, baked ~ but in the summer I want something a little lighter.
Ignore the bacon….I know it’s not light). Pasta is filling – with all boys they’re always hungry so filling is important. This recipe is tasty, filling and an easy side dish.
- 1 box of rotini pasta
- 2 pounds of fresh broccoli crowns
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 cups of seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 pound bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on the package cooking al dente.
- Cut broccoli florets and separate into small pieces; finely chop stems.
- Whisk together sugar, red onion, red wine vinegar, salt, and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add broccoli, pasta, and grapes to the above dressing. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- Add bacon just before serving.
If you like the recipe above (I so hope you do) you may also like these other salad ideas:
Have a beautiful day!