Pumpkin Pie is one of my favorite Holiday Desserts and this Pumpkin Pie Pull-Apart Bread is a great addition to your recipe box. It’s not the ordinary pumpkin treat so you can catch your family or friends off guard with this delicious and moist pastry.
We had this for breakfast the other day and my family liked it almost as much as my Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole. You could also have this for dessert or brunch ~ it’s extremely versatile!
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated honey butter biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin pie mix (not plain pumpkin ~I freeze the remaining pumpkin pie mix for use later)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with butter.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers, to make a total of 16 thin biscuits.
- Spread pumpkin pie mix on top of each.
- Top each with melted butter.
- Combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over each biscuit.
- Stack biscuits in 4 piles of 4 biscuits each.
- Place stacks on their sides in a row in loaf pan, making sure sides without filling are on both ends touching pan. It should look like a 16-layer sandwich with no filling on the outside ends.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until loaf is deep golden brown and center is baked through.Cool loaf slightly. If necessary, run knife around edges to loosen loaf from pan. Carefully turn pan upside down on serving platter to release loaf. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Drizzle over loaf. Serve warm.
The loaf assembled up to 1 day in advance, covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake as directed.
This is a relatively easy recipe. If you keep the ingredients on hand you can whip this up in no time for holiday guests or a special family treat!
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury