Banana bread is one of my favorite sweet treats and a great way to use up bananas that are too mushy to be eaten. I usually freeze bananas when they get to the point of no return and then pull them out and let them thaw for a bit to make this bread. This is so easy to make and is a favorite of mine and my family. It’s moist, just the right density and delicious!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten until light and fluffy
- 2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom of 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.
You can add chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, or whatever you would like to jazz this up a bit.
Linking to: Monday Funday
Recommended by Cupcakes and Crinoline
Cookie Craft Christmas: Dozens of Decorating Ideas for a Sweet Holiday
Make every Christmas a cookie craft Christmas! The holidays offer just the right combination of cold weather and family togetherness for cookie crafters to elevate their skill... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 11, 2013 12:24 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.