DIY Eco-Friendly and Money Saving Scrubbing Cleanser

Make your own gentle scrubbing cleanser that’s eco-friendly and saves you money using only 3 ingredients.  With this ‘recipe’ you can get rid of yet another potentially harsh and costly chemical from your home.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup baking soda

1 tablespoon dish/liquid detergent

cleaning or distilled Vinegar ~ add enough to the above ingredients to make a smooth paste

Mix all of the above ingredients together and use to scrub and shine.  I use this mixture on my stove top, sink {bathroom and kitchen}, bathtub, shower walls ~ anywhere I need some gentle scrubbing power.

Check out my stovetop before and after ~

linking to:

The Dedicated House, Alderberry Hill, Keeping it Simple Crafts, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Nutmeg PlaceFrench Country CottageOne Artsy Mama504 MainRomantic HomeTidy MomA Jennuine LifeChic on a Shoestring DecoratingOne Project CloserParlo & Logi, A Night Owl Blog, Power of Pinterest Party, I {heart} Nap TimeFlamingo ToesUncommon Designs

Guilt-Free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
It's Party Time ~ Linky Party #14

Comments

Mary Beth says

You’re welcome ~ thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful week.

P.S. You won’t believe how many products this one replaces.

Thanks, Paula ~ and you’ll love how easy it is to make and how great it works. I just keep it in a cup on the counter ~ even when it dries out it’s still just as effective.

Thanks, Leisa ~ I’ve been trying to move aware from harsh chemicals. I used them for years, unfortunately.

Have a wonderful, blessed weekend! ~Mary Beth~

This is such a neat idea! I would opt for a more environmentally friendly alternative than Dawn, plus I can’t stand the smell of that stuff. Have you ever tried this on pots and pans? I bet it works great!

I would love it if you would share this on my weekly Friday blog link-up party.
    Chrissy´s last blog post ..F-it Friday Anything Goes Link-up Party #6

Hi Chrissy ~ What would you recommend in place of the Dawn? I’m open to suggestions. : ) I have tried it on just about everything that needs scrubbing and yes, it works great on pots and pans.

Thanks for the invite ~ I would love to link up to your party.

Have a wonderful weekend.

~Mary Beth~

I tend to stick to anything that is clear and unscented and doesn’t have too many ingredients. :) If it smells like chemicals, it probably has toxins in it.

I like Method, but I know that Palmolive has a great “natural” option that is a lot less expensive.

I just hate when I clean my dishes and go to drink water from a glass and they smell like cleaner, but I’m really picky! So don’t listen to me! lol
        Chrissy´s last blog post ..F-it Friday Anything Goes Link-up Party #6

I appreciate the tips. I hate to admit that it wasn’t until recently that I really started to think about toxins, etc., and now I’m trying to make changes. : )

Thanks, Tracey! I’m glad you liked the tip ~ the cleanser is really versatile so you can use it on so many things around the home.

Have a wonderful weekend!

I’ve used baking soda to clean pots and pans before, and that works pretty good, but I will have to try this mix. My stove is a glass top, I wonder if I could use it on the glass top. The cleaner I buy for the glass top doesn’t work all that great. Thanks for sharing your scrubbing cleaner recipe.

Linda
    Mixed Kreations´s last blog post ..Tree Of Life Pendant Tutorial

Lucia,

I had some I kept in a container for over a month and it worked just as well when I finished up that batch as it did at first. It did dry out but I just used a damp cloth and that worked well.

Sarah says

This stuff is amazing! It works so good.

I just started getting into diy cleaners and I’m finding recipes for cleaners as I run out of the store-bought stuff. I needed a stovetop/stove cleaner because our stove is bad. Like really bad.

Or it was, until I tried this stuff and it works so easily. I’m truly impressed with how well this works. This will be a staple in our house from now on. Thanks so much for the recipe!