Tamale Ring – An Easy, Quick and Delicious Dinner
A few weeks ago an online friend sent me a recipe to try. It sounded so good I tried it right away and it was delicious! I asked her~Julia~ if I could share her recipe and she said yes. I could hardly wait to share it with you. This is a quick, easily and delicious meal that everyone in our family absolutely loved and we all want it again. Julia told me how good the leftovers are but we almost never have leftovers in our house so I will trust her with that.
Julia doesn’t have a blog but she does have an Etsy shop and an Ebay store and if you have men in your life, big or little, they will love the Military dog tags that she and her husband make. Their favorite material to use ~ “anything we can recycle or upcycle”.
And now for the delicious recipe!
Tamale Ring ~ Easy, Quick and Delicious
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (you can use sharp or mild)
- 1 pound ground meat (beef or turkey-whichever you prefer)
- 1 jar salsa (16 or 24 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray your bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the Muffin mix, eggs, milk and cheese.
- Place one-half of the muffin mixture into the bottom of the bundt pain.
- Cook ground meat and drain if needed.
- Mix salsa into meat and spread over muffin mix.
- Spoon remainder of muffin mix on top.
- Bake 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
A big thank you to Julia for sharing her delicious recipe with us!