Shabby Chic Pumpkin

33 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 27 Pin It Share 6 Email -- StumbleUpon 0 33 Flares ×

I am smitten, I tell ya, smitten with pumpkins. I wanted to make some pumpkins this year for decor and didn’t want the traditional orange…not that they aren’t cute but I was in the mood for something a little different.

I was over at the Freckled Laundry’s Textile Party and spotted something from 20 North Ora that more than caught my eye…. be still my heart….Muslin Pumpkins by Judy and she has a wonderful tutorial so I will defer to her for the details, but I had to make the pumpkin she had created and I am crazy about this little beauty…hence the reason there are so many pictures of ‘her’.

I called mine a Shabby Chic Pumpkin  ’cause it’s mine and that’s what I want to call it.  I hope you like it as much as I do!

Isn’t she an orb of pure pumpkin joy?

linking to

and

Debbiedoo's

It's Time to Party ~ Weekly Linky Party
Halloween Wreath Tutorial

Comments

1. Love these! (can I admit to you that I don’t like most of the fabric pumpkins out there?) But these are fab!
    Steph @ Crafting in the Rain´s last blog post ..Stencil Winner

• Thanks so much, Steph ~ something about this just hit me….it was so easy, quick and inexpensive to make and the results were just so darn cute! I think I may make some more just because! Have a wonderful weekend. mb

2. Fabulous job MaryBeth. I just Love your shabbychicness lil pumpkin copy. So happy you joined the parties. Have fun!

3. Adorable! I love it…so festive. I’d be thrilled if you’d share it here:

4. I love this! So pretty. I hope you will link this up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party if you haven’t already.

5. That seriously is one of the cutest, prettiest pumpkins ever!! I love it!! ~ Lori
    lori@vintage charm restored´s last blog post ..Lots of Sneak Peeks

6. Oh I absolutely LOVE it, it’s so sweet. Love how you’ve used the leaves and the cinnamon sticks…you clever thing!
    Amanda´s last blog post ..Hello Canvas : A Review (There’s Been Tears)

7. How sweet! I really love this Mary-Beth!
    Anne´s last blog post ..Pssst Want a Free Pair of Eyeglasses?

8. Julia Stansel says:

I usually don’t get into pumpkin stuff because I don’t celebrate halloween. I love fall stuff but most of the anything pumpkin is more geared toward halloween. But I absolutely love your fabric pumpkin. Just looking at it made me feel good. I could smell the cinnamon stick and feel the softness of the muslin just from the wonderful photos you took. I can see these decorating up my Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for sharing and the wonderful job you always do. Your dedication to creativity is inspiring! As always looking forward to more!!!!

9. I love this! So sweet!
    Holly Lefevre´s last blog post ..Tickled Pink No. 117

10. Hi Mary Beth! New follower, stopping in to invite you to my first, weekly Blog Hop! I’d love to have you link up with us!
    Cheers,
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick
    Kathy, The Chicken Chick´s last blog post ..Hatch-along with The Chicken Chick, Part 6: The Longest Week

11. HI! I was just wondering if you could give me the link to the instructions to make this little beauty? I would love love love to make some for my home! Thanks in advance!

• Hi Ashley,

I saw this on 20 North Ora and that is where the tutorial is. Here’s the link:

Much success and thank you for stopping by! mb

12. Super super cute!

13. So very smitten as well! I’d take a million photos too!
    Steph @ The Silly Pearl´s last blog post ..Time to Plant Fall Bulbs

14. This is adorable!

15. Love your fabric pumpkin, so cute looking! Really adorable and love that you used a cinnamon stick. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

16. Love the way you used the fabric to cover the pumpkin.

Michele @ Better organized living.

17. very pretty, love it. Thanks for linking, jen

18. This pumpkin you made is lovely–I love the cinnamon sticks for the stem!

19. Love thiis idea. Thanks for sharing! I visit from @ALDERBERRY HILL LINKY PARTY. There a lot of pumpkins out there and these are very very original and elegant.

• Mary Beth says:

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, Nat ~ have a lovely week and I hope you stop by again! mary beth

20. Visiting from M.M.M. This is such a cute idea. It turned out lovely! Thanks for sharing. I would love if you would share this (and some of your other fun projects) over at my link party going on right now.

Thanks! Have a nice day :)

Shannon
    Sewing Barefoot
    Shannon´s last blog post ..the weekly creative #2

21. I love love love your Shabby pumpkins. I looked for the tutorial but can’t find it. Can you direct me?

Thanks so much

• Mary Beth says:

Hi, Venie ~ thank you so much! I followed the tutorial by Judy at ~ the directions were so easy to follow and it’s a nice quick craft to make! Have a wonderful week. mary beth

22. What a cute fluffy pumpkin! Love it! Thanks for sharing. I’m coming to you via the linky party at Craftomania

23. So gorgeous your pumpkin!! Thanks for sharing.
    Have a nice week!

Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    Ana Lopes´s last blog post ..COMEÇOU O OUTONO – FALL BEGANS

• Mary Beth says:

Thank you, Ana ~ you have a wonderful week as well…I hope to see you on Sunday for the weekly party. hugs, mb

24. She’s darling and so photogenic!! I just love her! Thanks fo rthe link to the tutorial! I’m now following you! =) Deanna

• Mary Beth says:

Thank you so much, Deanna ~ she is a bit of a diva….once she saw me with the camera she just kept ‘strikin’ a pose’ : )

Thank you for taking the time to comment and for following! Have a wonderful week. hugs, mb

25. That turned out great! So pretty.

26. I love the ruffles Mary Beth — so sweet, elegant and feminine!

Jenn
    Jenn/Rook No. 17´s last blog post ..Vintage Parlour Game DIY: How to Make a Faux Mercury Glass Set of Dominoes

27. Love your pumpkin! Too cute! I’d like to invite you to share it at my Twirl & Take a Bow party at http://www.houseontheway.com. Hope you can join in on the fun!
    Leslie
    Leslie Stewart´s last blog post ..Twirl & Take a Bow Party ~ #8

28. wow MB this is so cute– etsy store! you’d make a mint!
    malia´s last blog post ..Perfect Pumpkin Bread

29. Your pumpkin is just beautiful!!!
    Gwen´s last blog post ..A Bold Bat Wreath

30. That is suuuuuuper cute!

• Mary Beth says:

Thank you, Rhonda, and thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. (I love comments!) hugs, mb

31. Thank you for this – I’m in the mood for something more neutral this year, too! Glad I found your link in the Live Laugh Rowe party!
    Kathie´s last blog post ..Creativebug + Pinterest Contest: Pin-It-To-Win-It!

• Mary Beth says:

Thanks so much, Kathie ~ have a wonderful week and thank you very much for stopping by! hugs, mb

32. I really like your pumpkin! What a fun way to decorate for fall! And what a great addition this would make to my mantel

Thanks so much for inspiring me today!
    karianne

33. I am visiting from Two Yellow Birds. I love your shabby pumpkin, it would look great with my decor!
    Hugs, Penny
    Penny´s last blog post ..Halloween is a Hoot

34. Oh my- I just love that!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Gina´s last blog post ..Apple Oat Crisp & Vanilla Frozen Yogurt {RECIPE}

35. She’s beautiful! I love all the pictures, and she’s a great way to decorate with the season without having the tradiational colors. Love it!
    Erin´s last blog post ..Card Week: Card 1 {Circles, Circles, Circles!}

36. This is so cute! Would love if you would come by and share it at One More Time Linky Party

• Mary Beth says:

Thanks so much for the invite, Tammy ~ I would love to share. Have a wonderful weekend! hugs, mb

37. she is a beauty thanks for sharing
    ARod´s last blog post ..FALL FUN & HOWLING HALLOWEEN LINK PARTY COME JOIN US

38. Super cute pumpkins! I never tire of seeing them, and made in so many different ways.
    JoAnn

39. This is so cute!

Have a lovely weekend!
    Mal @ The Chic Geek´s last blog post ..Trick or Treat Bark and a Link Party

• Mary Beth says:

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Mal ~ it means a lot to me!

Have a wonderful weekend! hugs, mb

40. Thanks for linking up at Create & Inspire last week. Tonight we’re featuring YOU! Can’t wait to see what you have to link up this week! xo, Kimberly
    Kimberly @ A Night Owl´s last blog post ..{Printables} Candy Corn Halloween Subway Print

• Mary Beth says:

Thank you so much for the feature, Kimberly! I truly appreciate it.

Have a wonderful weekend! hugs, mb

41. I love this! I have tons of muslin and this is the perfect craft for it. Did you use the same pumpkin base that Judy did?
    Charmaine´s last blog post ..Half aprons…

• Mary Beth says:

Hi Charmaine,

I did use the same pumpkin base as Judy. I saw them again this week at Dollar Tree.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs, mb

42. They are so cute! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse
    Kathryn Griffin´s last blog post ..A Shopping Find

43. This is Gorgeous! I just adore the sweet shabby chic look! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. I am featuring this today! http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2012/10/pink-hippo-party-99.html
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus
    amie @ Pinkapotamus´s last blog post ..Pink Hippo Party #99

44. Thanks so much for linking up to Made With Love! Your pumpkin is adorable! Featuring you today! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com/2012/10/made-with-love-link-up.html

45. Thanks so much for thinking up to Made With Love! Your pumpkin is fabulous! I’m featuring you today! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com/2012/10/made-with-love-link-up.html
    Elizabeth´s last blog post ..{Made With Love Link Up}

46. Love this! Absolutely adorable!
    April´s last blog post ..My new pantry doors…

47. My husband hates my fake plastic pumpkins. He might approve of yours. It doesn’t matter either way because I think they are adorable.
    Condo Blues´s last blog post ..25 DIY Superhero and Villian Costumes

48. Just gorgeous!
    Katie´s last blog post ..Giveaway! $25 Kroger Gift Card – Kroger Buy 5 Save $5 Event‏

49. Hi, Mary Beth! Thank you so much for linking your gorgeous shabby pumpkin up at the Primp Your Pumpkin Party! Just wanted to let you know that I featured you today! Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real
    Jessica @ Mom 4 Real´s last blog post ..Over 170 Fabulous Pumpkin Ideas!

50. Hi Mary Beth,
    Just wanted to stop by and let you know you have been featured at One More Time,,,http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2012/10/features.html Thank you for linkin up!
    Tammy

51. Lori Reckler says:

I just love this shabby chic pumpkin. In fact, I, just like you, ADORE pumpkins. Winter, spring, summer and fall I will be decorating pumpkins. I’ll be visiting your blog often!!

52. I have a special Halloween spotlight running today and I’ve featured your project.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation at homework.
    carolyn ~ homework´s last blog post ..Celebrations: inspiration board halloween spotlight

53. This shabby chic pumpkin is adorable; it brings a new twist to Halloween! I love the shabby chic look and I am always looking for ideas on how to decorate and make accessories, thanks!

54. Mary Beth, This is absolutely adorable! I’m so glad I found it! ~Tammy~
    Tammy Killough´s last blog post ..Leopard Print Wallpaper…kinda, sorta, in a way…maybe?

55. This turned out ADORABLE! I love it.

56. I missed this last year! Wow, I love your muslin pumkin and your name, Shabby Chic Pumpkin, is perfect for it! I’ve pinned, not missing it this year!
    Debbie :)
    Debbie´s last blog post ..Recycled Water Bottles – How to Make a Flower Mobile

57. What a cute little pumpkin, I love it!