Shabby Chic Pumpkin

Pin on Pinterest789Share on YummlyShare on Facebook2Tweet about this on Twitter2Share on Reddit0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Google+24

I am smitten, I tell ya, smitten with pumpkins. I wanted to make some pumpkins this year for decor and didn’t want the traditional orange…not that they aren’t cute but I was in the mood for something a little different.

I was over at the Freckled Laundry’s Textile Party and spotted something from 20 North Ora that more than caught my eye…. be still my heart….Muslin Pumpkins by Judy and she has a wonderful tutorial so I will defer to her for the details, but I had to make the pumpkin she had created and I am crazy about this little beauty…hence the reason there are so many pictures of ‘her’.

I called mine a Shabby Chic Pumpkin  ’cause it’s mine and that’s what I want to call it.  I hope you like it as much as I do!

Isn’t she an orb of pure pumpkin joy?

linking to

and

Debbiedoo's

It's Time to Party ~ Weekly Linky Party
Halloween Wreath Tutorial

Comments

Mary Beth says

Thanks so much, Steph ~ something about this just hit me….it was so easy, quick and inexpensive to make and the results were just so darn cute! I think I may make some more just because! Have a wonderful weekend. mb

Julia Stansel says

I usually don’t get into pumpkin stuff because I don’t celebrate halloween. I love fall stuff but most of the anything pumpkin is more geared toward halloween. But I absolutely love your fabric pumpkin. Just looking at it made me feel good. I could smell the cinnamon stick and feel the softness of the muslin just from the wonderful photos you took. I can see these decorating up my Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for sharing and the wonderful job you always do. Your dedication to creativity is inspiring! As always looking forward to more!!!!

Ashley C says

HI! I was just wondering if you could give me the link to the instructions to make this little beauty? I would love love love to make some for my home! Thanks in advance!

Hi Ashley,

I saw this on 20 North Ora and that is where the tutorial is. Here’s the link:

Much success and thank you for stopping by! mb

Mary Beth says

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment. Have a wonderful week, mb. : )

Love your fabric pumpkin, so cute looking! Really adorable and love that you used a cinnamon stick. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

Love thiis idea. Thanks for sharing! I visit from @ALDERBERRY HILL LINKY PARTY. There a lot of pumpkins out there and these are very very original and elegant.

Mary Beth says

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, Nat ~ have a lovely week and I hope you stop by again! mary beth

Venie says

I love love love your Shabby pumpkins. I looked for the tutorial but can’t find it. Can you direct me?

Thanks so much

Mary Beth says

Hi, Venie ~ thank you so much! I followed the tutorial by Judy at ~ the directions were so easy to follow and it’s a nice quick craft to make! Have a wonderful week. mary beth

Mary Beth says

Thank you, Ana ~ you have a wonderful week as well…I hope to see you on Sunday for the weekly party. hugs, mb

She’s darling and so photogenic!! I just love her! Thanks fo rthe link to the tutorial! I’m now following you! =) Deanna

Mary Beth says

Thank you so much, Deanna ~ she is a bit of a diva….once she saw me with the camera she just kept ‘strikin’ a pose’ : )

Thank you for taking the time to comment and for following! Have a wonderful week. hugs, mb

Mary Beth says

Thank you, Rhonda, and thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. (I love comments!) hugs, mb

Mary Beth says

Thanks so much, Kathie ~ have a wonderful week and thank you very much for stopping by! hugs, mb

I really like your pumpkin! What a fun way to decorate for fall! And what a great addition this would make to my mantel

Thanks so much for inspiring me today!
    karianne

Mary Beth says

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment, Karianne! Have a lovely weekend. mb

Mary Beth says

Thanks so much for the invite, Tammy ~ I would love to share. Have a wonderful weekend! hugs, mb

Mary Beth says

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Mal ~ it means a lot to me!

Have a wonderful weekend! hugs, mb

Mary Beth says

Thank you so much for the feature, Kimberly! I truly appreciate it.

Have a wonderful weekend! hugs, mb

Hi Charmaine,

I did use the same pumpkin base as Judy. I saw them again this week at Dollar Tree.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs, mb

They are so cute! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse
    Kathryn Griffin´s last blog post ..A Shopping Find

Lori Reckler says

I just love this shabby chic pumpkin. In fact, I, just like you, ADORE pumpkins. Winter, spring, summer and fall I will be decorating pumpkins. I’ll be visiting your blog often!!

This shabby chic pumpkin is adorable; it brings a new twist to Halloween! I love the shabby chic look and I am always looking for ideas on how to decorate and make accessories, thanks!