Halloween Wreath Tutorial

You can make a Halloween wreath in under 15 minutes and for less than $12.00 using some basic materials ~ if I made it….anyone can!

I was out at a local craft store and saw a wall filled with the most colorful Halloween wreaths.  I usually assume I can’t make these {wreath~making and floral arranging are NOT my strong suits} but in this case, they were just too cute to not give it a shot.

Materials needed:

1.   The base of the wreath is a basic straw wreath.

2.  To this you add ‘poufs’ of color using floral mesh {I used Expressions Floral Mesh in apple/green lime}.

3.  Metal floral pins.

4.  Purple glitter spiders, a black bat and a little orange sign.

First, I cut a length of the floral mesh to cover the base of the wreath just as a fill for uniformity.  This was folded in half.

Second, I covered the base of the wreath with the mesh and kept it in place with the floral pins.

Third, your base is complete and ready for the fun part!

Fourth, I pulled a few feet of mesh off of the roll and pinch gathered the end and attached this to the wreath base.

Fifth, I worked my way around the wreath, pinching and gathering the mesh, poufing it out and attaching to the base at equal intervals.

When that was complete, I attached my glitter spiders, bat and little sign and that was it!

Linking here

Shabby Chic Pumpkin
Pink Ombre Zinnias

Comments

Mary Beth says

Thanks, Shannon! It is fun to work with. It has very lightweight wires that run through it as well so it’s easy to mold.

Nancy Marino says

They have this mesh in barrels at Cracker Barrel for sale. It also comes in red and gold a d a peppermint twist. I didn’t check the price, but what fun those colors would be to work with for Christmas. They may have had black and orange too, but I can’t remember for sure I was focussed on getting one of the adorable cowboy outfits for our grandson.

Mary Beth says

I’ll have to check out the mesh at Cracker Barrel. I just love their ‘store’. I always want something there.

How cute that your grandson will be a cowboy….I bought a cowboy costume for my middle son a few years ago and recycled it down to my younger son. : )

Have a great week and thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

That’s adorable! I have a cute painted sign that I usually hang on the door, but we recently moved to an apartment, and they only allow wreaths on the doors, so I’ve been searching for cheap wreath ideas. I’m going to put this on my to-do list and hope it’s done before the end of October. :)
    Tasha Morris´s last blog post ..The Scourge of my Living Room

Mary Beth says

Thank you so much, Tasha. I found the mesh at a local craft store but I did see it at Michael’s the other day and with a 40% coupon you could get it for about $4.00 a roll and then get some doo-dads to add to it at the Dollar Tree ~ I saw a lot of cute little items there for Halloween on Monday. Kicked myself for not checking there first.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment…I appreciate it very much. mary beth

Mary Beth says

Amanda, I’ve seen these also made on wire wreaths and attached with chenille stems. You might have those where you live. : ) Thanks for stopping by.

Mary Beth says

I’m all about the glitter! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, T’onna ~ have a great week and can you believe it’s already October? hugs, mb

What a great tutorial. I needed the directions as I’ve not even opened the mesh from last year. Come visit me at #103 on My Uncommon Slice . Thanks, Helen