Pink Ombre Zinnias

Pin on Pinterest0Share on YummlyShare on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Reddit0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Google+12

Most days I find myself in awe of nature…in awe of God’s handiwork.  Yesterday was no exception.  In an effort to save money this year I bought seed packets at the Dollar Tree.  One of those packets were Zinnia seeds.  I had no idea what color they would be but I love zinnias so I had nothing to lose.  I planted the seeds back in May in a flower bed on the side of the driveway.  Only a few of the seeds grew and bloomed…but wow….what a display!  I have no idea of the ‘real’ name of these zinnias but I have named them Pink Ombre.

I ran some errands yesterday and when I got out of my truck I was amazed at how pretty these were and how much they reminded me of one of the latest decorating trends, ombre.  Please excuse the quality of the photos as they were taken with my phone but were just too pretty not to share.

linking here

Halloween Wreath Tutorial
Tulip Tie-Dye and Paint Kit and Glam-It-Up Iron On Preview ~ Video

Comments

E’ un ritorno alla mia infanzia!!! da piccolina sia la mia mamma che la mia nonna le coltivavano in giardino e sono bellissime!!!!!! Buon tutto!!!
    A presto!!!!

Becca says

Found you via Tatertots and Jello. Funny, I got some zinnia seeds at the Dollar Tree this year as well. I had some that were this shade. Zinnias are one of my favorite flowers- they are so pretty!

Mary Beth says

It was fun to see what came up ~ I’m going to get even more seeds next year…sort of a surprise garden! Have a wonderful weekend, Becca.

Mary Beth says

Thanks so much ~ I love cosmos as well and have some growing back by my sun room….I planted them a few years ago and they keep reseeding themselves. : )

Mary Beth says

I love growing plants from seeds. Years ago I started cacti from seeds. They were so stinkin’ cute and little and I had them for awhile until I moved. They didn’t like my new house and I lost them all. : (

Whaouuuu !! What great pictures of zinnias ! The pink is so brillant and so tender in the 2 pictures, I just love it ! Thanks and since I discover your blog, I am just thrilled about everything I saw for now….And your blog’s title has a little word that I just love : “cupcakes” :-)))
    Mme PiNat´s last blog post ..Echange de calendriers perpetuels…