Two years ago I did a post about two wooden lawnchairs I bought for $5.00 each. I repainted the lawn chairs ~ without properly preparing the wood ~ oi…and put them out in the yard. The paint peeled and looked so blah….this year my plans were to sand the chairs all the way down and start from scratch but when I started to sand them I sort of liked the vintage worn look so I went with that. Let me know what you think! : )
Here they were before:
During the sanding process ~ I used a small palm sander to sand away the paint that had peeled and sanded the edges a bit for a little uniformity.
Here are the final pictures:
And here they are in the corner of the front yard
Once I’m sure this the look I want I plan to seal them.
Just in case you would like to know the paint used this is it:
Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover in Satin aqua and Satin sweet pea.
*The paint is wonderful…I took a short cut by not making sure the wood was prepared properly and that’s why it peeled.