I love Shabby Chic decorating – the light colors, the repurposing of things that might otherwise be discarded, the feminine aspect of the style….I love it all! My house is decorated somewhat….um….eclectically. I know what I like but….I have what I have. I don’t like to get rid of anything, replace it, etc., unless it absolutely must go….it just seems wasteful to me and while I love shiny new things I make do with what I have. I have had the same brown clock hanging in every house I’ve lived in since I was 20….I have never replaced it or gotten rid of it because….well….it still works. For a few years now I have really wanted to give it away so that I could get a new clock….but really, who would want it???? So, I decided to do a quick ‘redo’ of it using what I had on hand: tissue paper, paint, glue, ribbon and scrapbooking/card making supplies. It was super easy and though not ‘classic’ shabby chic it’s my new/old shabby chic clock.
ribbon for trim/finishing
1. Lightly sand surface & brush off.
3. Cover entire surface with Mod Podge then cover with tissue paper. Mold the tissue paper to your surface leaving some small wrinkles for texture.
4. Once dry cover with 2 more coats of Mod Podge to seal thoroughly.
5. Using a sharp exacto knife trim edges of your tissue paper around edge of clock, front and back.
6. Glue trim to back of clock to give it a finished look.
That’s it! Quick, easy and almost free!
Posted at Trash to Treasure Tuesday at Reinvented